Sunday, April 12, 2009

Preparing for Post-Break Productions and a Glimpse of Glasgow

My time at Playwrights’ Studio, Scotland has come to an end. I thoroughly enjoyed working with PSS; a fabulous organization run by fabulous people. I finished there on Thursday. This weekend I’ve been trying to wrap up as much homework and preparation as I can before going into the three show mania that awaits me after the break; King Lear, Julius Caesar and my research project show. All three will be in rehearsal at the same time so it is important that prior to Tuesday I get as much of the ground work laid as I can. I am also trying to complete any other assignments; such as my summative statements for the Hedda Gabler work and the PSS placement. They aren’t due for a few more weeks but when will I have time later?! It’s gonna get crazy but I am very excited!


Today I wanted to show you a bit of Glasgow. What you see below is just my stomping ground; just a small fraction of a big city. These are the places and sites I see pretty much everyday. Enjoy!




Gallery of Modern Art





One of the ‘gates’ to Merchant City




Boy Band: street performers are everywhere on the high streets




Sometimes you need to look up to appreciate the amazing architecture in Glasgow




Busy shopping day on the high street called Buchanan Street in Glasgows City Centre




The Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama




Cineworld: The multiplex cinema where I like to unwind




Glasgow’s seat of government, City Chambers



Tune in next week to see how Shakespeare started! Take care!

-m



No comments: